Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lainey Louise Griffin

Lainey Louise Griffin was born on June 15th, at 9:38 a.m. She weighed 7 lb. 4 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. She had a rough go at first once she made it here. She required oxygen for a day, had an internal infection and required an IV and antibiotics and also had some fluid in her lung. She was so strong the whole time that you would have never guessed that she was sick! She didn't cry much and was so snuggly that we had a hard time leaving her in the NICU while we went back to our room because we were not allowed to hold her all the time while she was under the bili lights. The nurses were amazing to her and to Jason and I. They took such good care of all of us! Now that we are home, Lainey Lou is growing so fast! At her two week apt. she had gained almost 10 oz. She is such a good baby!!! One thing about her is that she is always grunting! It is so funny. We cant get enough of her and absolutely love her big eyes like her daddy her super long toes like her mommy and her cute personality! We got her newborn pictures done recently and I will post them soon but for now here are just a few pics that I thought were cute! It is such a blessing to have a healthy baby at home and to start our little family!











15 comments:

Autumn said...

She is beautiful Karen... There is nothing that compairs to your first baby, it's all so new and exciting! Enjoy it all!!!

Collin & Breena said...

She is so dang cute! I can't wait to see her! What a beautiful baby! It looks like she has nice tan skin to! I am so happy for you guys and I am glad everything turned out great! Oh and have you guys decided if your going to Escalante for the 24th yet?

K,K and Tay said...

Oh!! She is so dang cute! Im so glad you guys yelled at us @ P.F.. It was so good seeing you and also that little cutie pie..

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

OH MY GOSH!!! She is adorable Karen! How darling! I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad she is feeling better and that you get to hold her all the time now! Congrats! hope you're feeling good and of course....thanks for the pics :-)

Anonymous said...

She is incredibly beautiful! Congrats! It's so fun!

Morgan Eliason said...

She is a DOLL! Congrats you two!

PiepersRus said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I hope that you are enjoying every minute. You look great! Being a mom is the best!!!

Tina said...

How precious!!! It is all so amazing and I am so excited for you guys. I need to walk over and see her...sometime soon!

The York's said...

SOOOOO sweet, she is such a beautiful baby, I need to come see you soon!!!

The Andersens said...

I have been wanting you to post pictures! Yay! She is BEAUTIFUL Karen! I cant wait to meet her in person....!!!

Brittany said...

Oh she has the cutest little baby face! Congratulations! I'm so glad you and the baby are doing good. I hope I see you around soon!

MegHaNE said...

she is sooo CUTE! glad that everyone is doing well! Enjoy your time with her because it goes by super fast!

Logan and Danielle said...

Karen she is beautiful!! I want to come see you guys SOO bad! Maybe I will make a special trip to Cedar soon :)

Hadley's said...

She is ADORABLE! I am so happy for you!

PiepersRus said...

She is beautiful! Sorry it was a rough go! Can't wait to see you again and bring her by one day!