Saturday, November 28, 2009

BIG announcement!!!

This Thanksgiving was so much fun for Jason and I. We had our main Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house and then we headed to Jason's families for the night. We had a big announcement to make and it was that we are HAVING A BABY!!! We have known since October 1st and so it has been so so hard for us to keep a secret... Ok well for me it has been! Jason is good with secrets! Anyways, we wanted a fun new way to tell everyone, so we decided to do a family picture. Once the timer started beeping, Jason said " One.... Two.... Everyone say Karen's having a baby!!!" My family was hilarious because my dad didn't catch on until the camera had almost finished taking all ten pictures, my mom caught and brother caught on, my sis in law and neices were hillarious and just kept posing for the camera because they weren't quite sure what was going on. It was classic..... Then when we got to Escalante, Jason's family was not up for a picture but Jason talked them into it. Well you can see for yourself in the pictures that they caught on instantly. It was so much fun for us and we can not wait!! I am due in the first part of June. My due date has changed from June 5, June 14, and now possibly June 8th. So who knows!! All we know is that we are super excited and feel so so blessed!!! Jason's Family


My Family





21 comments:

Tanya said...

CONGRATS! That is so exciting! Kade is going to be so happy to have a friend to play with at the ropings :) and BTW... that is the CUTEST idea on how to tell your parents and I love that you captured all of their reactions. PRICELESS!

Kristi said...

Congrats!!!! That's so fun and Exciting!

Logan and Danielle said...

I seriously think I just peed my pants!!HAHA That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! That is a genius idea. Love it :)

Brian and Megan said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Being parents is the best thing in the world!!! The picture thing is so funny!! That is how me and Nicole told the1 DeMilles we were pregnant! Congrats

ak studio & design said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I am so excited! I can't wait for you guys. Go Dr. Chalmers! He really is a miracle worker! I can't wait to see the baby!

Danielle said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. Well you know I'll always babysit and I live close by so I guess you cant move now :)

Hadley's said...

Congratulations!!! Very EXCITING!

Autumn said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

Webb said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. That is a way cute idea on how to tell everyone.

Anonymous said...

I love this way to tell everyone! CONGRATS! You will be such cute parents1

Deryck & Bree said...

congratulations to the both of you!

Melissa said...

That is so much fun! I am so happy for you Karen! You are going to be a great mommy! We still need to get together... We live so close!!

Unknown said...

Oh my heck congrats!!! Collin just told me yesterday! I am soooo dang excited for you guys! And we are due at the exact time. My due date is June 7th! How crazy is that? We found out October 3rd. Props to you for keeping it from your family! I bet that was so hard! So how have you been feeling? Have you been sick at all? Well it will be fun to have someone to talk to about being pregs! YAAAA! Congrats again!

Collin & Breena said...

Oh that last comment is from me, Breena! I am at work on a computer and someone else was signed on. Sorry! ha

Carrie Randall said...

Congratulations Karen! Betsy just told me the great news. Those pictures are SO cute, what a fun way to tell everyone and have a great picture to remember. I am so excited for you two!

Brittany said...

I love how you told your parents that is so cute! I am so excited for you. Congratulations!

The Andersens said...

CONGRATS!!! that is the cutest way to tell your families your exciting news! Who came up with that? Love it!! I am so excited for you to have a baby!! OUr kiddos can be buddies!! You will be the best mom... Let me know if you need help with anything. We are in baby land over here...lol

Bridget and Derrik said...

K I LOVE this Post :) You guys are too cute... Im So Excited for you two, Yay for Babies, they are Coming to EVERYONE'S House I swear... Well Except for ours of Course :) You are going to be the Cutest little prego girl, make sure u post pic's and keep us posted! Hopefully we'll get to see u around the christmas break @ church or something??? Ps I LOVE the IDEA, Derrik and I were Rolling looking at the pics,Lol!

Colby~Megan~Hayden said...

Love love love it!!! I'm so glad we're preggo together. Now lets get Carolyn on board!!!! And I hope it's little Hadlie!!!

Unknown said...

Haha yes it is killing me to!!! January seems like forever away! I am hoping that the holidays will make it go by faster! I will definitely let you know what we are having though! It will prob be around like January 10th or so when I find out. So you got a 3d! Could they tell what the sex is? Ya the babies look like little aliens! haha. It's crazy that they have fingers and toes and stuff though! So exciting! We definitely should go shopping together! That is why I can't wait to find out what it is so I can start my nesting and buying cute stuff! This is Breena by the way not ross! I would sign out but I would lose everything I wrote! haha. I hate it when this happens!

Collin & Breena said...

Hey! DO you know what your having yet??? I have been dying to know! I had my ultrasound yesterday and we are having a boy! I was looking at baby bedding yesterday and I saw the cutest cowboy set and it reminded me of you! Well let me know when you find out! I'm excited to know!